1. Avoid the “Afternoon Slump”
Sugar-laden junk foods, and loading with carbs can result in awful energy crashes in the mid-afternoon. A healthier snack will avoid the dreaded slump. Fruit and nuts are a great option for this.
2. Improves Cognitive Function
An article from Web MD has reported that foods rich in antioxidants, proteins, and B vitamins provide excellent support for concentration, memory, and cognition.
3. Keep calm, focused and optimistic.
Foods rich in folic acid, vitamin C, magnesium, and B-12 can have a positive impact on a person’s mood. A selection of fruits and veggies are recommended to lift your mood.
4. Boost your moral
Physical health benefits one’s mental well-being and essentially goes a long way toward stress management and self-esteem.
5. Stay focused
Boost focus even further, choose snacks full of antioxidants and healthy fats. A trail mix including almonds, dried berries, and dark chocolate is a delicious way to stay mentally alert throughout the day.
Try stocking up on these tasty treats:
- Other fresh fruits (grapes, apples, pineapple chunks)
- Raw vegetables with nonfat or low-fat dip or hummus spread
- Individual portions of peanut butter to spread on whole wheat bread, unsalted crackers, fruit, or pretzels
- String cheese
- Low-fat granola bars
- Light popcorn
- Small helpings of dried fruit or trail mix
- Fat free or 2 percent milk
AVOID DEHYDRATIONBesides long term health effects, dehydration can cause more immediate problems such a:
- difficulty concentrating
- memory loss